(check the websites for current safety and health information)
|Blue Note Jazz Club, New York City
MC Enterprises is an Amazon Associate. Your purchases through our links help us to support this blog.
Greenwich Village is a popular place to visit for live music when you're in New York City. No wonder jazz musicians dubbed New York as the Big Apple, when they would travel to NYC.
1. Schedules for the Blue Note, The Village Underground, Cafe Wha?, the Groove and comedy clubs in Greenwich Village are posted on their websites, so that you can plan your evening well in advance, which is strongly advised: either by reservation or purchasing tickets outright. Planning in advance will help your budget also: food and drinks are available for purchase.
2. Try to choose a table rather than sitting at the bar. The bars at many of these places are often busy, noisy or maybe near the door.
|Fourplay at the Blue Note, NYC
3. Like many clubs, the set-up is very cozy. Many clubs might be changing their layouts to accommodate current safety protocols. The clubs are like the old supper clubs: small tables for eating while enjoying the show.
4. The wait staff are pleasant, cordial, and attentive without being overbearing. Because some artists are so popular, the clubs makes sure there is enough staff for each section, so you won't have to search for your server.
5. Food and drinks are offered. Check out the menu and prices before going. Be aware there is usually a minimum cover charge in addition to the ticket price. You will have to order something. Their choices were varied, with appetizers, soup, salads, entrees and desserts.
So treat yourself to an evening at the clubs in Greenwich Village: West 4th Street (trains: A, B, C, E, D, F, M).
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 if the copyright act of 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
This review is my personal opinion. I am an Amazon Associate.