The NYC Traveler in NYC:
Wave Hill, the Bronx
This review is my personal opinion. I have Booking links.
Become Inspired by the Gardens:
Wave Hill, in the Bronx
Your own private retreat
Hudson River view
1. Located in the Hudson Hill section in Riverdale, in the Bronx, you will soon realize why that section is called Hudson Hill. Beautiful views of the Hudson River await you.
Wave Hill House
2. The mansion, Wave Hill House, was built in 1843, with a series of owners and occupants, including Mark Twain, who leased it in 1901. The house burned down and was rebuilt in 1927. The 1960's owners deeded it to NYC and it was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
3. In addition to the mansion, there is Glyndor Gallery, another house on the property that normally holds exhibits and other events.
4. The focus is the gardens: outdoor settings, greenhouses and the grounds themselves, where you are free to sit, read, stroll and use it as your private retreat.
5. You can also take a couple of short hikes on the trails that circle the property: identify trees, do some bird watching and get a little exercise.
Related Articles and Videos:
Marginal Way virtual stroll, view our You Tube Video