Disclaimer: This information is not intended to provide legal consultation. All links were accurate at the time of publication and will be monitored accordingly. MC Enterprises takes no responsibility for the reader's application. Readers should go to either a TSA Enrollment Center or check with the TSA's website for current regulations and procedures. This article is an introduction to current information only.
ALWAYS CHECK CDC ADVISORIES FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
CHECK THE US DEPARTMENT OF STATE FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
Security checks, part of our lives even before 9/11/2001, is now considered an expected precursor to entering almost public location. Getting through airport security is especially frustrating because of all of the steps involved: have your boarding pass and ID in hand and at the same time take off your shoes, take out your laptop, no items in your pockets, no more than 3 ounces of liquids, creams or oils in bottles that fit into a 1 quart bag while perhaps juggling kids in tow. Whew!
TSA-Prechecked means you can keep your shoes and a light jacket on, your electronics and your clear bag of liquids can stay in your bag and you walk through...all for a fee of course.
The best way to be pre-checked for USA domestic flights is to pay the current fee (check website) that will be good for a number of years. If you fly often or if you don't like the long lines or inconvenience, this may be worth it.
1. Pre-register online: https://www.tsa.gov/precheck or https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/programs/precheck
2. Make an appointment at a center: https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/map
3. Bring the necessary documents.
4. Be ready to scan your fingerprint.
5. Pay the fee.
6. After a background check based on your application, you will receive an email and/or a letter with your Known Traveler Number (KTN). Unfortunately, you don’t get any type of card, so hold onto that email/letter. You can also look up your number.
There are new places to go outside of airports now, to make the process easier. These are sponsored by IDEMIA at their IdentoGO centers, which may includes some Staples stores. Check on the Identogo webssite. Also, some corporations are providing the service to apply through them.
Follow our other blog: The NYC Dis Traveler for your theme park updates
Purchase our fine art, decor or stock photos: